The ACLU of Virginia has received an outpouring of support from community members who want to support our work. We are so encouraged and inspired by your engagement in our efforts throughout the Commonwealth!
Opportunities to support our work:
1. Become an ACLU Ambassador:
- Take action through our online toolkits and petitions.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
2. Join People Power: Host events, meet and/or engage with local volunteers working to defend our civil rights and civil liberties through People Power.
3. Volunteer: Complete our volunteer interest form -- we're currently seeking specific skills in event management and certified language translation/interpretation. Attorneys interested in offering pro-bono services can learn more here.
4. Donate: Support our fundraising initiatives:
- Host a fundraiser to benefit the ACLU of Virginia
- Donate to the ACLU Foundation of Virginia
- Join the ACLU of Virginia
6. Interested in Serving on the ACLU of Virginia Board?
Would you like to be part of the dynamic group of people who govern the Virginia affiliate of the ACLU? Members of the ACLU of Virginia Board of Directors serve three-year terms and are voted in by the membership. If you like to be considered for nomination, you must be a member in good standing of the ACLU and submit a brief statement of interest. Send your information to the attention of Executive Director Claire Gastañaga by email (email@example.com) or by mail to 701 E. Franklin St., Ste. 1412, Richmond, VA 23219. Information must be received by November 15 for the election the following spring.