Virginia is on the verge of legalizing marijuana. It’s important that lawmakers center racial justice and social equity as they debate the ins and outs of legislation to legalize marijuana in Virginia.
In partnership with Marijuana Justice, we are hosting a panel on Thursday, Jan. 14 at 6:00 p.m., to discuss ways to repair the harm done to Black and Brown communities through equitable marijuana reform in the Commonwealth.
The event will start with remarks from:
- Valerie Slater, executive director, RISE for Youth
- Iyana Scroggins, youth leader, RISE for Youth
- Antonio Dowe, industry organizer, RISE for Youth
- Kassandra Frederique, executive director, Drug Alliance Policy
- Berner, CEO and founder, Cookies
- Mike Thomas, cultivator and founder, Grow Your Own (Richmond, VA)
- Dr. Brenda Waller, MD, minority farm owner, hemp farmer, and medical doctor (Halifax, VA)
As legislators consider marijuana legalization in the upcoming General Assembly, knowing how to center racial equity is imperative. Join us for this enlightening discussion.