The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit proposals from consultants experienced in strategic planning to lead the ACLU of Virginia through a long-range strategic planning process.
Specifically, the ACLU of Virginia is seeking a consultant to provide the following services:
- Work with a Strategic Planning Team, comprised of staff and board members, to articulate a clear strategic plan for FY23-FY25. This plan should identify specific fundraising, financial, communication, and programming objectives for the organization to pursue over the next three years in pursuit of its mission.
- Conduct an internal and external survey to evaluate the ACLU-VA’s success in achieving its goals and conduct a general SWOT analysis of internal and external perceptions of the organization.
- Develop a timetable of implementation with specific measurable benchmarks, objectives, and tasks to be accomplished to achieve goals. Identify clear, measurable outcomes for how to measure organizational and strategic effectiveness, impact, and success.
- Establish a framework and process for the organization’s leadership to effectively implement the strategic plan and monitor progress toward achievement of goals and objectives.
- Facilitate all meetings and provide leadership, direction and expert consultation and advice related to the development of an effective strategic plan, including successful implementation.
- Ensure that the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging are built into every aspect of the strategic plan.
- Deliverable should be a clear, easily consumed, strategic planning roadmap, accompanied by a strategic planning timeline, implementation, and evaluation methodology.
ACLU of Virginia Background
For over 50 years, the ACLU-VA has been the Commonwealth’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislature, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution, federal, and state laws for everyone in Virginia. The ACLU-VA has filed more than 300 lawsuits in Virginia over the last 50 years to advance freedom and equality in the Commonwealth. In addition to the ACLU-VA’s robust litigation efforts, we also educate the public, inform the media, lobby legislators, organize grassroots activists, and disseminate information to the community through our membership and volunteers.
Submission Process and Procedures
Please provide a complete written response to this RFP. Proposals should include:
- A brief Executive Summary;
- A description of the applicant’s general approach to strategic planning consultation, including methodology, perspective, or philosophy that guides your work with organizations in this undertaking;
- A clear explanation of how the consultant will address any management issues to be examined;
- A list of project deliverables and timelines based on our February 2022 board meeting requirements.
- A detailed budget that breaks out expenses;
- Credentials and qualifications of key personnel who will take responsibility for working directly on this project, including three references;
- Example(s) of a finished strategic plan created by your company.
Applicants must submit an electronic copy of the proposal.
Send completed proposals, by November 5, 2021, to Cynthia Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Strategic Planning Consultant.