The American Civil Liberties Union of Virginia (ACLU-VA) is growing, and we are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join our development team as our Development Associate. The ideal candidate is excited to take advantage of an unparalleled opportunity to support our fundraising operation in Virginia and will foster a culture of philanthropy with our supporters and staff. We need someone with a commitment to civil liberties, the ability to synthesize data and use results to inform decision making, and the skill to build strong relationships with supporters. The successful candidate will have incredible attention to detail, strong organizational systems, a collaborative work ethic, and constant customer service mindset. See full job description linked below for complete details!
The ACLU-VA strives to be Virginia’s premiere guardian of civil liberties and a recognized champion of civil rights for all Virginians. For nearly a hundred years (50 in Virginia), the ACLU has made a profound difference in the lives of clients and community members, as well as historic contributions to our country and state. Now, more people than ever before have turned to the ACLU, to fight back against unprecedented new attacks on civil rights and liberties. The ACLU-VA is dedicated to reforming our criminal justice system, ending sex discrimination and ensuring equality for all, and protecting freedom of speech and religion, abortion access, voting rights, and right to privacy.
What You’ll Do
You’ll help us protect and advance the ACLU-VA mission by:
- Serving as the expert of the donor database, providing a variety of functions including gift entry and tracking, data analysis, reporting, database management, and acknowledgment generation.
- Overseeing the acknowledgement process, producing accurate and timely acknowledgements for all donors.
- Serving as primary point of contact for donor questions over phone and email.
- Preparing tailored print materials for donor meetings that collect and synthesize stories and data about our work.
- Providing prospect research on major gift and foundation prospects and donors.
- Providing donor event support including handling venue, catering, etc.
- Providing general administrative support and other responsibilities as assigned.
Who You Are
Our “Must Have’s”
- Willingness to work independently, lead and work in partnership with Director of Philanthropy, board, staff and volunteers to accomplish the ACLU-VA fundraising objectives.
- Excellent general computer and software skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to analyze data to find patterns and solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- Strong commitment to the cause of civil liberties and human rights.
What Else You Should Know
The ACLU of Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our team and want to involve all those who can contribute to our inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status. Persons with disabilities may request accommodations.
Salary is based on market factors and individual experience and abilities. The salary range for this position is $33,106.00 to $49,659.00. In addition, we offer excellent benefits include paid time off; generous paid holidays; 401k plan with employer contribution; medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; and income replacement during illness through a combination of annual sick leave, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
Send a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position as detailed in this announcement and a current resume to Alissa Aronovici, Director of Philanthropy, ACLU of Virginia, 701 E. Franklin Street, Suite 1412, Richmond, VA 23219 or by email to Jobs@acluva.org with “Development Associate” in the subject line of the email.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Submit your application as soon as possible. Please indicate in your cover letter where you found this job listing.